This is my blog for my Cardinal Stritch Masters Program.


Monday, October 13, 2008

Final Thoughts on 534

I have learned a lot in this class that I will find useful with more time to look at them.  I feel that this class needs to be taught over the summer so teachers have more time to try the concepts.  There are so many resources that I wish I had more time to look at and get into a little deeper to truly experience them and find ways to use them in my classroom if allowed by the district. I have also learned how much is not allowed in  the district while trying them out at work. I think that as I experience more of this and find strong educational reasons to use these resources I can "fight" the district to be able to use what I think will help my students minds and abilities.
 As many teachers know some days there is just not enough time to get the education in much less add on extras that will accent the learning.  They keep talking in our district about how important educational minutes are but yet they keep giving us more to teach and less time and means to do it effectively.  Use of some of these resources could assist in this, but yet the district has blocked many of these sites. 
One site that they have not blocked at this time is delicious and I am looking forward to using this to guide my students in their research, saving educational minutes that are wasted searching out actual sites that give the information they are looking for and at a readability level they can use.
All in all I found this to be one of the more useful classes that I can see myself revisiting to improve my students use of technology in the classroom in an effective way.

1 comment:

Tech-lou-ology said...

That is an issue teaching this class in sequence and having it accelerated - hopefully good content worth revisiting once you are through with the program.

About Me

"I am what I am."

Oovoo

Flickr Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Green Rock. Make your own badge here.